Spirit Week & Homecoming 2019
By: Peggy PaulsonDate: Feb 3, 2019 Tags: Alumni News, School News, Secondary
Spirit Week 2019 has arrived and will take place from Monday, February 4-Saturday, February 9. The following details should answer all your questions if you are the parent of a middle school or high school student or have some alumni in your family!
The 2019 Spirit Week theme is “Decades”
- Seniors: “1980’s”
Spirit Week Schedule & Dress Themes
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4–PURPLE Schedule, “‘MERICA MONDAY – (Patriotic Day)” Dress up tallied during 1st hour.
TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 5–GOLD Schedule, “CLASH DAY” Dress up tallied during Chapel which will be held in the Butler Gymnasium
WEDNESDAY, FEBRUARY 6–PURPLE Schedule, “SUPERHERO DAY” Dress up tallied during 1st hour
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 7–All Day Activities, “MEME/VINE DAY” Dress up tallied at the beginning of Spirit Day
- 7:25-11am: Welcome & Games in Butler Gym
- 11:00am-1:00pm: Class Meetings, Lip Sync Practice & Lunch
- 1:00pm-1:30pm: Senior Past Lip Syncs
- 1:30pm-3:00pm: Lip Syncs 2019
*Families are welcome to attend the High School Lip Sync Performance–Doors open at 1:00pm
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 8–“Altered” GOLD schedule, “PURPLE & GOLD DAY”, Middle School Participates
- PEP Rally: 2:18-3:00pm “Purple and Gold Day” (Middle School participates)
- 5:00pm-Doors Open, Concession Stand Open
- 5:30pm-HOMECOMING COURT
- 6:00pm-Alumni Welcome Center Opens
- 6:30pm-8:30pm: Alumni Dinner Served
- 6:30pm-Girls Varsity vs. Parkway Christian
- 8:00pm-Boys Varsity vs. Parkway Christian
- 2019 Alumni Photo following boys game, center court
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 9
Alumni & Friends Reunion Basketball Game
The PCA tradition continues! All alumni, coaches, parents, and friends are invited to join us for breakfast in the Activity Center at 10:30am, followed by a reunion basketball tournament in the Butler Gym beginning at 11:30am. Interested in playing? To create your own team or just to sign up for the fun, please email us at [email protected].
Parent Sponsored High School Homecoming Party
The Homecoming Social 2019 takes place at The Summit on the Park in Canton. Contact Renee Kurtycz with questions, 734-516-7455. Students must have a completed form, along with $25, for admittance to the social. Homecoming forms are available in the secondary office.