Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP) at PCA
The Plymouth Christian Academy Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP), is intended to provide additional support to families in the payment of their tuition. Participation is open to all parents, grandparents, relatives, friends, and anyone in the community who wishes to support tuition reduction at PCA.
The PCA TRIP program purchases gift cards/certificates from ShopWithScrip®, who supplies gift cards for various restaurants, grocery stores, retail stores, and service businesses. ShopWithScrip® offers rebates on the gift cards purchased resulting in the school and family sharing in the rebate.
For example, a $100 gift card with a 4% rebate brings a $4 rebate. Of this rebate, 90% ($3.60) is credited to the family tuition account while the remaining 10% ($.40) is held by the school for administration fees or is applied to the school scholarship fund. There are hundreds of retailers with rebates ranging from 2% – 16%. Keep in mind these are monies you would already be spending, but with a little planning, you can significantly reduce your tuition by purchasing gift cards in advance!
Your tuition reduction rebate can be applied to your individual account, another family’s account or the general PCA Scholarship Fund account.
Registering for TRIP at PCA
To register for the Tuition Reduction Incentive Program at PCA:
- Visit www.shopwithscrip.com and register with Plymouth Christian Academy (Code # EFDF95AE21L) or fill out a form available in the school office.
- Once registered online, you can sign up for PrestoPay. PrestoPay is an online payment system that allows you to pay for orders placed online, purchase SCRIP NOW! E-certificates (immediate receipt through your email) and re-load certain cards.
Families that choose to use the PrestoPay option to pay for all orders will receive 100% of their rebates, instead of the 90% you would otherwise receive. If you do not have a PrestoPay account, your orders must be paid for by check or cash. If you have trouble logging in, please contact Leanne Windle, PCA TRIP Coordinator, directly at [email protected]
Ordering Gift Cards Through TRIP
Orders through TRIP are placed weekly using the following methods:
Option 1: Order online, pay online with PrestoPay. This will save you time, and you can reload certain cards online when you need them. In addition, you will be able to order SCRIP NOW! E-certificates that are delivered to your email within minutes. Orders for physical gift cards placed by 9:00 a.m. Tuesday morning will be delivered to the school for your pickup the following Tuesday. There is a minimal fee of $0.15 for orders paid online.
Option 2: Order online, pay in person. On Tuesday morning between 7:45 a.m. and 8:30 a.m., bring in a Purchase Order printed from www.shopwithscrip.com with a check made out to Plymouth Christian Academy. Your order will be ready to pick up the following Tuesday morning. This method saves administration time and ensures total accuracy of your order. Payment must be received before your order can be submitted.
Once you are registered with TRIP, you can download the mobile app, MyScriptWallet. Once you have downloaded this app to your mobile device, you can easily shop using TRIP. You can reload your actual card from your phone, or, at participating retailers, you can pay with your phone.
Finally, whether you pay in person or online, you can track your orders and rebates online. Just register as outlined above to access your information. Please note: When you run a report on your account it will show a total rebate amount and you keep 90% of the total rebate.
1. All orders must be received and paid in full by 9:00 a.m. Tuesday morning. Any cards ordered that do not have payment attached will not be filled.
2. Orders that have not been picked up on Tuesday mornings between 7:45 a.m. and 8:30 a.m. will be held in the secondary office for pickup.
3. Order pickup: If you want your child or another adult to pick up your cards, a disclaimer must be signed (obtained in the school office) or you need to specify the delivery method through your online account. Since the cards are like cash, mailing will not be an option due to the risk.
4. If an overpayment is made, a credit will be issued to the family for use against future orders. Credits must be used in the current school year.
5. Any errors in the order must be reported to the school within a 48-hour period.
6. Anyone writing a non-sufficient fund check will incur a $25.00 fee. The fee must be paid to TRIP or deducted from your TRIP earnings before your next order will be processed. If two N.S.F. checks are entered on your TRIP account in the same school year, your ordering privileges will be suspended for a two month period.
7. Rebates are credited to tuition accounts on a quarterly basis. Families who have prepaid their tuition will earn the rebates throughout the year, and the total will be applied to the following year’s tuition.
8. If you pay your tuition in full, your tuition credit will be held in your account until the end of March, at which time will be applied to the following year’s tuition.
9. TRIP certificates are the same as cash. We will NOT accept responsibility for lost or misplaced cards. We cannot take back or refund any ordered certificates.
10. Any unused rebates will be credited to the general PCA Scholarship fund.