Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP) at PCA
The Plymouth Christian Academy Tuition Reduction Incentive Program (TRIP), is intended to provide additional support to families in the payment of their tuition. Participation is open to all parents, grandparents, relatives, friends, and anyone in the community who wishes to support tuition reduction at PCA.
The PCA TRIP program purchases gift cards/certificates from ShopWithScrip®, who supplies gift cards for various restaurants, grocery stores, retail stores, and service businesses. ShopWithScrip® offers rebates on the gift cards purchased resulting in families sharing in the rebate. Families in the program purchase these certificates at face value. The difference (credit) between the TRIP purchase price of the certificate and the full face value of the certificate is passed on to participating families for tuition reduction.
For example, a $100 gift card with a 4% rebate brings a $4 rebate. Of this rebate, 100% is credited to the family tuition account! There are hundreds of retailers with rebates ranging from 2% – 16%. Keep in mind these are monies you would already be spending, but with a little planning, you can significantly reduce your tuition by purchasing gift cards in advance!
Your tuition reduction rebate can be applied to your individual account, another family’s account or the general PCA Scholarship Fund account.
Registering for TRIP at PCA
To register for the Tuition Reduction Incentive Program at PCA:
- Visit www.shopwithscrip.com and register with Plymouth Christian Academy (Code # EFDF95AE21L).
- Once registered online, you can sign up for PrestoPay. PrestoPay is an online payment system that allows you to pay for orders placed online, purchase SCRIP NOW! E-certificates (immediate receipt through your email) and re-load certain cards.
If you do not have a PrestoPay account, your orders must be paid for by check or cash. If you have trouble logging in, please contact Crystal Edwards, PCA TRIP Coordinator, directly at [email protected].
Ordering Gift Cards Through TRIP
Orders through TRIP are placed weekly using the following methods:
Option 1: Order online, pay online with PrestoPay. Your PrestoPay account can have a debit card or a credit card connected to it. (If you choose to use a credit card to pay there is a 2.6% transaction fee). This will save you time, and you can reload certain cards online when you need them. In addition, you will be able to order SCRIP NOW! E-certificates that are delivered to your email within minutes. Orders for physical gift cards placed by 9:00 a.m. Tuesday morning will be delivered to the school and sent home with your student on Thursday.
Option 2: Order online, pay in person. Place your order online and pay with a check made out to Plymouth Christian Academy. Payment must be received before Tuesdays at 9 am for your order to be submitted.
Once you are registered with TRIP, you can download the mobile app, MyScriptWallet. Once you have downloaded this app to your mobile device, you can easily shop using TRIP. You can reload your actual card from your phone, or, at participating retailers, you can pay with your phone.
Finally, whether you pay in person or online, you can track your orders and rebates online. Just register as outlined above to access your information.
- All orders for physical gift cards must be received and paid in full by 9:00 am Tuesday morning. Any cards ordered that do not have payment attached with not be filled.
- Orders can be picked up in the Secondary Office or delivered to the student directly (this must be specified on your online account). Since cards are like cash, mailing will not be an option due to the risk.
- If an overpayment is made, a credit will be issued to the family for use against future orders. Credits must be used in the current school year.
- Any errors in the order must be reported to the school within a 48-hour period.
- All NSF checks will incur a $25 fee. The fee will have to be paid, along with the original amount, to PCA or deducted from your TRIP earnings before your next order will be processed.
- Rebates are credited to tuition accounts three times per year (July, December, and April). Families who have prepaid their tuition will earn rebates throughout the year and the total will be applied to the following year’s tuition.
- TRIP certificates are the same as cash. We will not accept responsibility for lost or misplaced cards. We cannot take back or refund any ordered certificates.
- Any unused rebates will be credited to the general PCA scholarship fund.